Admission Criteria – Min 45% in class 12 (PCB)
Duration – 4 years
Level – Graduate
The English nurse “Florence Nightingale” was the founder of the modern nursing over the world. The INC (Indian Nursing Council) is the accreditation and recognition body for nursing education in India.
Nursing is an integral part of healthcare system which includes promotion of health, prevention of illness and care of physically ill , mentally ill & disable people of all ages.
The aim of the undergraduate nursing program is to:
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professionals, competent nurses in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services.
Objectives of the nursing program
- Provide nursing care to patients.
- Demonstrate understanding of life styles, which affect health of community.
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics.
- Communicate effectively to promote effective inter-personal relationship and team work.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / community health settings.
- Increase Evidence based research studies.
At the end of the B.Sc Nursing programme, the graduate nurse will be able to:
- Work as a General Nursing practitioner (Staff Nurse) in government as well as private hospitals. IPD Incharge , ICU Incharge , NICU Incharge , Nursing Station Head , Nursing Suprintendent.
- Lieutenant in Milliatry Nursing Services.
- Community Health Officer(CHO).
- Nursing Tutor.
Eligibility Criteria : 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
Course Duration : Four Year.
Age limit : Minimum age of admission shall be 17 years on 31st December 2021