Admission Criteria – Min 50% in class 12 (PCB)
Duration – 3 years and
6 months Internship
Level – Graduate
Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) is a three-year undergraduate course which offers candidates through knowledge about the laboratory equipment and laboratory diagnostic procedures.
The course is helpful for students who wish to pursue a career in the management of laboratories, advancement in laboratories, and instrumentation.
- To provide adequate knowledge and skills to carryout routine laboratory diagnostic procedures .
- To train the students, to carryout laboratory investigations accurately and provide reliable reports to facilitate proper diagnosis and prognosis of diseases.
- To make awareness on the principles underlying the organization of a Clinical Laboratory.Enable to perform routine as well as special investigative procedures in different specialties.
- To develop knowledge and skill in accordance with the demand in the field of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- To qualify the students to get recognition and registration as Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- To increase ability to operate and maintain all equipments used in the Laboratory diagnosis.
- To support advance testing activities and Research.
This enables the degree holder to go for higher degree programs in respective subjects for a master’s degree and then further studies.
A BMLT graduate can work as a
- System Analysts
- Medical Technician
- Lab Technician
- R&D Lab Assistant
- Laboratory Technician
- Lab Manager
- Lab Supervisor
- Educational Consultant
Eligibility Criteria : Passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology or any other equivalent exam.
Course Duration : Three years and Six months Internship
Age limit : Minimum age of admission shall be 17 years on 31st December 2021